Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is here!!!


Seeing as I'm Faroese, I never thought the day would come where I would say what I said an hour ago when I was strolling down the street on the way to the supermarket to do my very last grocery shopping as an international student in Joensuu.


After a very productive day with homework I decided that I could FINALLY allow myself to go for a walk, see the changed landscape, enjoy the poring rain, breath the clean air, smell the spring! I put on my waterproof clothes and my old rubber boots that I love so much - and of course, remembered to bring my tiny on-the-run-camera, oh, and Teitur in my ears. Good to go.


I watched people run around in the streets, as if they were trying to avoid the drops of rain, in real slalom manner..

'Me? Nope! No running, but instead I created my own little fantasy world where everything, except ponds of rain-water, was poisonous.

One of my favorite sayings - or expressions - is that there is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing!
There should be labels with that saying everywhere! It hurts my heart when people complain about the weather.. There's nothing we can do about it, just try to enjoy it! :)


Okey, so back to what I said an hour ago.


As I was saying, I was walking down the street and yeah, I think you get the picture.. When suddenly my heart starts beating really, really fast and I hear my self shouting:
"AAHWAUW! GRASS!"

Yes, my friends, grass. This is the first time I've seen real grass in Finland, and it was beautiful! Green and beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment