Friday, April 1, 2011

End is near..

Yesterday I ended my ICT course and today I'll attend the last day of Finnish Art Education which means that I have to wait for another year before I get to really enjoy my studies again. I LOVE working with art! - But I'll look on the bright side. I learned new crafting techniques and was introduced to - and experienced - interesting things that can be implemented in TEFL, especially when it comes to "teaching culture" and appreciating diversity..

If you are interested, I recommend you take a look at this link where you can find a collection of Finnish contemporary artists. I especially found Elis Sinisto fascinating..

Feel free to have a look at my webquest. It is still not finished, but I'm getting there..

Oh, and this morning I got a free, full hair treatment at the vocational school! Sculp-brush, wash, conditioner, massage, wash and style..  Good way to start my day!

Best thoughts from Joensuu where there's no wind nor rain; only snow and sunshine brightening my every day (and night) :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and about Elis Sinisto..
    I don't know all that much about him, but this I've been told..

    As a young man he was a (professional?) ballet dancer. When he got a bit older he decided to move in to the woods where he lived in solitary till he died a few years ago.
    He built houses from recycled material and each house was used for different purposes.
    According to my teacher, he was never mocked at or considered "a weirdo", but as an artistic, harmless man who enjoyed the privacy and silence of the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art is wonderful - include it in all TEFL work -I have done far too little of this with your class, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear....it was difficult to finding my way around a Finish website without knowing the language...
    By the way - I might choose to do Materielt Design in stead of Religion during my 4th year at Blaagaard, so we might be in the same class again if they accept me...
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh.. How LOVELY, Benita! Would be great to work with you again:)
    And the language... google translate is now my best friend!

    Lilian: Agree! But with so little time it is difficult to integrate art in all those important learning theories.. Challenge for next year, maybe:)

    ReplyDelete